Java Backend Engineer
• Ensure a solid engineering approach for iteratively shaped new ideas and concepts.
• Work on architecting and crafting the blueprint for portfolio-supporting infrastructure.
• Collaborate closely with our development team to craft solid foundation for future product development.
• Act as the go-to person for all infrastructure related aspects.
• Deliver a functioning sandbox environment, with the goal to identify competitive advantage and help implement that in practice.
• You have relevant coding skills gained via formal education (min bachelor in computer sciences) and in combination with 5 years programming experience.
• You can create the blueprint for a nation-scale infrastructure with high resilience, robustness and interoperability in mind.
• You have experience in building payment, currency, or other regulated platforms, designing and integrating RESTful and/or gRPC APIs. You have experience working with Jenkins and cloud systems.
• You are working with cryptographers, developers and designers, weaving inputs to deliver superior security, scalability and resilience.
• Besides being a great listener, you are an educator that acts as a mentor to team members to improve their skills.
• You thrive in asynchronous communication environments and can express clearly your ideas and thinking, in both code and writing.
• Beyond that you have a natural ability to explain, communicate and influence a broad audience (from highly technical to managerial) on subjects like platforms and architecture.
• You are comfortable to work in a fuzzy problem space, and enjoy translating initial experiments into requirements and map to system view.
• You have a positive, can-do attitude, you bring new ideas and you are a fast learner.
• You’re fluent in English (French is an asset).